Assistance Programs, Local Agencies and Charities

Food  Housing  Cash Assistance  Bills  Health  Education  Employment



  • Alaska Food Stamp Program  – Monthly food stamp benefits, Call: 907-465-3347
  • Alaska General Relief Assistance (GRA) Designed to meet basic needs of Alaskans in emergency situations. Basic needs include shelter, utilities, food, and clothing, Call: 907-465-3347
  • Alaska Temporary Assistance Program (ATAP)  – Provides cash as a temporary assistance for needy families (TANF)Call: 907-465-3347
  • Alaska Denali KidCare Alaska’s Children Health Insurance Program (CHIP) for children and teens through age 18, Call: 888-318-8890
  • Alaska Medicaid  – A health insurance program that provides medical and health-related services to eligible Alaska residents, Call: 907-465-3347
  • Alaska Chronic & Acute Medical Assistance (CAMA)  – Designed to help needy Alaskans who have specific illnesses get the medical care they need to manage those illnesses, Call: 800-780-9972
  • Alaska Adult Dental  – Covers $1,150 worth of preventive dental care, such as exams and cleanings, each year for Alaskans 21 and older who receive Medicaid services, Call: 800-780-9972
  • Alaska Health Insurance Premium Payment Program  – Designed to help Medicaid and Denali KidCare recipients with costs associated with health insurance provided by an employer or COBRA, Call: 866-251-4861
  • Alaska Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)  – Healthy foods, breastfeeding support, nutrition education, health care referrals, Call: 907-465-3100
  • Alaska National School Lunch Program (NSLP)  Provides low-cost or free lunches to school children, Call:  907-465-8708
  • Alaska Special Milk Program  – Offers milk to children in schools, childcare institutions, and eligible camps, Call: 907-465-8708
  • Alaska School Breakfast Program (SBP)  Provides low-cost or free meals to school children, Call:  907-465-8708
  • Alaska Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)  – Provides free meals and snacks to help low-income children in the summer months, Call: 907-465-2800
  • Alaska Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)  Provides healthy meals and snacks to children and adults receiving day careCall:  907-465-8710
  • Alaska Head Start and Early Head Start  – Comprehensive child development programs serving low-income children and their familiesCall: 907-279-2511
  • Alaska Heating Assistance Program (HAP) – Helps households in Alaska with their home heating expensesCall: 888-804-6330
  • Alaska Power Cost Equalization Program (PCE)   – Provides economic assistance to households in rural areas of Alaska by helping them with electric bills, Call: 907-771-3046
  • Alaska New Home Rebate Program  – Provides Alaska homeowners who build or purchase newly constructed, energy-efficient homes up to $10,000 rebate, Call: 877-257-3228
  • Alaska Home Energy Rebate Program  – Provides Alaska homeowners, regardless of income, up to a $10,000 rebate for pre-approved energy efficiency improvements, Call: 877-257-3228
  • Alaska Weatherization Program – Assists households reduce energy bills by improving energy efficiency of their homes, Call: 907-338-3970 
  • Alaska Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)  – Designed to improve the health of Alaska seniors  by supplementing their diets with nutritious foods, Call: 907-465-3347
  • Alaska Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)  – Provides low-income seniors with coupons that can be exchanged for fresh Alaska-grown fruits, vegetables, and fresh-cut herbs at farmers’ markets, Call: 907-465-3347
  • Alaska Senior Benefits Program  – Pays cash benefits to Alaskan seniors who are age 65 or older and have low to moderate income. Cash payments are $125, $175, or $250 each month depending on income, Call: 888-352-4150
  • Alaska Senior and Accessible Housing  – Alaska Housing Finance Corporation (AHFC) provides safe, decent, and affordable rental housing for low-income Alaskan seniors or persons with a disability, Call: 800-478-2432
  • Alaska Housing Choice Voucher Program  – Helps eligible low-income Alaskans lease privately owned rental units from participating landlords, Call: 800-478-2432
  • Alaska Public Housing  – Provides safe, decent, and affordable rental units for low-income Alaskans., Call: 800-478-2432