Assistance Programs, Local Agencies, and Charities


Food * Housing * Cash Assistance * Bills * Health * Education * Employment

Kansas Assistance Programs and Services


  • Kansas Food Assistance Program  – Provides qualifying Kansas low-income households with monthly food benefits, (+++)  Call: 833-765-2003
  • Kansas Successful Families Program  – Offers employment services and support services to low-income families that may include cash assistance, known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)Call: 888-369-4777
  • Kansas Lifeline Program  – Offers discounts on basic monthly service for qualified telephone customers, Call: Local telephone company
  • Kansas MediKan  – Health care program for Kansas persons with disabilities who have been approved for General AssistanceCall: 800-817-8617
  • Kansas KanCare  – A health care program that provides medical and health-related services to eligible Kansas residents, Call: 800-817-8617
  • Kansas SOBRA  – A health care program for persons who do not meet citizenship rules and covers life-threatening emergency care costs and baby deliveries only, Call: 800-817-8617
  • Kansas PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly)  – Provides long term care for persons age 55 or older living in select Kansas counties through a managed care network, Call: 800-817-8617
  • Kansas Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)  – Provides health care coverage for low-income children in Kansas living in families with incomes that exceed Medicaid limits, Call: 800-792-4884
  • Kansas Grandparents as Caregivers Cash Assistance Program  – Provides cash benefits to grandparents or other relatives raising children, Call: 888-369-4777
  • Kansas Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)  – Healthy foods, breastfeeding support, nutrition education, health care referrals, Call: 785-296-1320
  • Kansas National School Lunch Program (NSLP)  – Provides low-cost or free lunches to school children, Call: 785-296-2276
  • Kansas Special Milk Program  – Offers milk to children in schools, childcare institutions, and eligible camps, Call: 785-296-2276
  • Kansas School Breakfast Program (SBP)  – Provides low-cost or free meals to school children, Call: 785-296-2276
  • Kansas Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)  – Provides free meals and snacks to help low-income children in the summer months, CallLocal site
  • Kansas Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)  – Provides healthy meals and snacks to children and adults receiving day careCall: 785-296-2276
  • Kansas Head Start  – Comprehensive child development programs serving low-income children and their familiesCall: 785-856-3132
  • Kansas Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)  – Helps eligible households pay a portion of their home energy costs by providing a one-time per year benefitCall: 800-432-0043
  • Kansas Home Weatherization Assistance Program  – Assists households reduce energy bills by improving the energy efficiency of their homes, Call: 785-217-2048
  • Kansas Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)  – Designed to aid individuals known to be at risk of malnutrition due to low income and poor health conditions, Call: 785-368-8120
  • Kansas Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)  – Provides low-income seniors with special checks to buy fresh, nutritious fruits, vegetables, and herbs from authorized farmers’ markets, Call: 785-296-8060
  • Kansas Housing Choice Voucher Program  – Helps eligible low-income households lease privately owned rental units from participating landlords, Call: Local PHA
  • Kansas Public Housing  – Provides safe, decent, and affordable rental units for eligible low-income residents., Call: Local PHA