Assistance Programs, Local Agencies, and Charities


Food * Housing * Cash Assistance * Bills * Health * Education * Employment

Michigan Assistance Programs and Services


  • Michigan Food Assistance Program (FAP)  – Monthly food stamp benefits to help low-income people and families buy the food they need for good health, (+++)  Call: 855-275-6424
  • Michigan Family Independence Program (FIP)  – Provides temporary cash assistance for eligible pregnant women and low-income families with minor childrenCall: 855-275-6424
  • Michigan Telephone Assistance Program (Lifeline)  – Offers discounts on basic monthly service for qualified telephone customers, Call: 800-292-9555
  • Michigan State Disability Assistance (SDA) Program  – Provides cash assistance to eligible  Michigan disabled adultsCall: 855-275-6424
  • Michigan Medicaid  – A health insurance program that provides medical and health-related services to eligible Michigan residents, Call: 855-275-6424
  • Michigan MIChild Program  – Offers health care coverage for eligible uninsured children of Michigan’s working families, Call: 855-275-6424
  • Michigan Child Development and Care  – A program that offers help with child care to Michigan parents who meet eligibility requirements, Call: 866-990-3227
  • Michigan Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)  – Healthy foods, breastfeeding support, nutrition education, health care referrals, Call: 855-275-6424
  • Michigan National School Lunch Program (NSLP)  – Provides low-cost or free lunches to school children, Call: 517-373-3324
  • Michigan Special Milk Program  – Offers milk to children in schools, childcare institutions, and eligible camps, Call: 517-373-3324
  • Michigan School Breakfast Program (SBP)  – Provides low-cost or free meals to school children, Call: 517-373-3324
  • Michigan Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)  – Provides free meals and snacks to help low-income children in the summer months, Call517-373-3324
  • Michigan Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)  – Provides healthy meals and snacks to children and adults receiving day careCall: 517-373-3324
  • Michigan Head Start  – Comprehensive child development programs serving low-income children and their familiesCall: 517-374-6472
  • Michigan Home Heating Credit Program  – Offers support for heating costs on eligible Michigan households based on income, number of exemptions and household heating costsCall: 517-373-3740
  • Michigan State Emergency Relief Program  – A crisis intervention program that provides assistance for energy-related expenses such as heating fuel, electricity and home repairsCall: 517-373-3740
  • Michigan Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)  – Provides free home energy conservation services to low-income Michigan homeowners and renters to reduce energy use and lower utility bills, Call: 517-373-3740
  • Michigan Senior Project FRESH/Market FRESH  – Provides low-income seniors with special coupons to buy fresh, nutritious fruits, vegetables, and herbs from authorized farmers’ markets, Call: 517-373-8230
  • Michigan Housing Choice Voucher Program  – Helps eligible low-income households lease privately owned rental units from participating landlords, Call: Local PHA
  • Michigan Public Housing  – Provides safe, decent, and affordable rental units for eligible low-income residents., Call: Local PHA