Assistance Programs, Local Agencies, and Charities


Food * Housing * Cash Assistance * Bills * Health * Education * Employment

Washington State Assistance Programs and Services


  • Washington State Basic Food Program ⇑ – Monthly food stamp benefits to help low-income people and families buy the food they need for good health, (+++)  Call: 877-501-2233
  • Washington State Aged, Blind or Disabled Cash Assistance Program   Helps eligible persons with cash assistance who are aged, blind, or disabled and who need money, Call: Local agency
  • Washington State Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)  – Provides cash as temporary financial assistance for eligible families in needCall: 877-501-2233
  • Washington State Federal Telephone Assistance Program (Lifeline)  – Offers discounts on basic monthly service for qualified telephone customers, Call: Local telephone company
  • Washington State Apple Health (Medicaid)  – A health insurance program that provides medical and health-related services to eligible Washington residents, Call: 855-923-4633
  • Washington State Hospital Presumptive Eligibility (HPE) Program  – Allows participating hospitals, who are a Washington State Medicaid provider, to determine eligibility for temporary Washington Apple Health coverage, Call: 855-923-4633
  • Washington State Apple Health for Kids Program  – Offers health care coverage to qualifying children living in Washington State, Call: 877-543-7669
  • Washington State Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)  – Healthy foods, breastfeeding support, nutrition education, health care referrals, Call: 800-322-2588
  • Washington State National School Lunch Program (NSLP)  – Provides low-cost or free lunches to school children, Call: 360-725-6220
  • Washington State Special Milk Program  – Offers milk to children in schools, childcare institutions, and eligible camps, Call: 360-725-6220
  • Washington State School Breakfast Program (SBP)  – Provides low-cost or free meals to school children, Call: 360-725-6220
  • Washington State Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)  – Provides free meals and snacks to help low-income children in the summer months, Call360-725-6220
  • Washington State Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)  – Provides healthy meals and snacks to children and adults receiving day care, Call: 360-725-6220
  • Washington State Head Start  – Comprehensive child development programs serving low-income children and their familiesCall: 425-453-1227
  • Washington State Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)  – Designed to assist low-income Washington State households in meeting their immediate home energy needs, Call: 360-725-2857
  • Washington State Weatherization Program  – Assists households reduce energy bills by improving the energy efficiency of their homes, Call: 360-725-5004
  • Washington State Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)  – Designed to improve the health of elderly people at least 60 years of age, by supplementing their diets with nutritious United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) foods, Call: 360-725-5640
  • Washington State Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)  – Provides low-income seniors with benefits to buy fresh, nutritious fruits, vegetables, and herbs from authorized farmers’ markets, Call: 800-525-0127
  • Washington State Housing Choice Voucher Program ⇑ – Helps eligible low-income households lease privately owned rental units from participating landlords, Call: Local PHA
  • Washington State Public Housing  – Provides safe, decent, and affordable rental units for eligible low-income residents., Call: Local PHA