Alaska Food Stamp Benefits Approval
Food Stamps * Food Banks * Food Pantries * Soup Kitchens * WIC
School Meals * Special Milk * Summer Food * Senior Nutrition
Alaska Food Stamp Benefits Approval, Rules, Proofs Required
Alaska Food Stamp Benefits Approval is done by the Public Assistance Office. A case worker has to interview applicants and verify provided information before determining if the household is eligible for Food Assistance Benefits.
Alaska Department of Health and Social Services lists examples of information needed at the interview:
- social security numbers for everyone in the household;
- proof of income, pay stubs;
- current proof of rent or mortgage expenses;
- utility bills;
- child or elder care bills;
- proof of obligated child support payments paid to someone outside the household.
The law limits the Food Stamp Benefits to 3 months in a 3-year period for all able-bodied adults between the ages of 18-50 without dependents, who are not working or participating in a work program for at least 20 hours each week.
Food Assistance recipients in Alaska can be exempted from this provision if they are:
- Under 18 or 50 years of age or older;
- Responsible for the care of a child or incapacitated household member;
- Medically certified as physically or mentally unfit for employment or pregnant;
- Student, at least, half-time in a recognized school, training program, or institution of higher education;
- Participating and complying with work registration requirements;
- Participating in an alcohol or drug treatment program.
Applicants for Food Stamp Benefits in Alaska should get a response within 30 days from the date they submitted their application to the local Food Assistance Office. Households cannot receive food stamps assistance from more than one Alaska county in a month. Households getting food stamps benefits must report any changes of their household situation in a 6-months period in order to assure their participation in the Food Stamp Program.
Approved! When and How Do I Get the Food Stamp Benefits?
Applicants for Food Stamp Benefits in Alaska should get a response within 30 days from the date they submitted their application to the local Public Assistance Office. Approved households for Alaska Food Stamp Benefits get Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards – Alaska Quest card. The Alaska Quest card can be used like a debit card at any Alaska Food Stamp Benefits approved grocery stores. Alaska Food Stamp Benefits are deposited into the EBT accounts of the beneficiaries on the first day of every month.
Food Stamp Program | Eligibility | Apply | Benefits
Approx. of the total Alaska population received Food Stamp Benefits in 2018
Recipients in June, 2018 of Food Stamps (SNAP) Benefits in Alaska
Recipients in June, 2017 of Food Stamp (SNAP) Benefits in Alaska
Alaska Food Assistance Benefits
Find more on what kind of food you can buy using your Alaska Food Assistance benefits…
Food Assistance Program | Eligibility | Apply | Approval | Benefits