Alaska Making Home Affordable
Alaska Housing Vouchers * Public Housing Making Home Affordable
Making Home Affordable Program Options
Making Home Affordable is a federal program designed to cover different homeowners’ hardships and financial situations.
Under the program, there are various options that can help Alaska homeowners in hardship stay in their homes.
Alaska homeowners that are behind with payments on their mortgage or facing a financial hardship and unable to continue making monthly payments should inquire about Making Home Affordable Program options.
Depending on the situation Alaska homeowners in hardship can apply to lower their monthly payments, lower the interest rate on their home loan or even get the principal reduction in some cases.
There are foreclosure alternatives and temporarily help for unemployed homeowners as well.
Here are some of the most used options under Making Home Affordable Program:
- Lower your monthly mortgage payments with Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)
- Lower your interest rate with Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP)
- Check eligibility for principal reduction with Principal Reduction Alternative SM (PRA)
- Get help if currently unemployed with Home Affordable Unemployment Program (UP)
- Reduce your 2nd mortgage monthly payments with Second Lien Modification Program (2MP)
- Explore your foreclosure alternatives with Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program (HAFA)
- FHA Home Affordable Modification Program (FHA-HAMP)
HUD (US Department of Housing and Urban Development) approved housing counselor can be reached at: 888-995-4673 (Hearing impaired: 877-304-9709 TTY) to help you understand your options, prepare your application, and work with your mortgage company.
Find more about Alaska Housing Assistance options.
Housing Counseling Services
Contact one of the HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies in Alaska State for the following education workshops or counseling services
– Fair Housing Pre-Purchase Education Workshops
– Financial Management/Budget Counseling
– Home Improvement and Rehabilitation Counseling
– Mortgage Delinquency and Default Resolution Counseling
– Non-Delinquency Post Purchase Workshops
– Pre-purchase Counseling
– Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops
– Predatory Lending Education Workshops
– Rental Housing Counseling
– Services for Homeless Counseling
Alaska Low-Rent Apartments
Find more and search for Alaska subsidized and low-rent apartments here.