Section 8 Alabama Housing Vouchers
Alabama Housing Vouchers are provided to local residents that apply and qualify for Section 8 Housing.
The Section 8 Housing Program is a federally funded rental assistance set of subprograms for low-income families, disabled persons, and the elderly. Learn more about Section 8 Housing Programs.
Section 8 Housing Program for Alabama is administered through local Alabama Public Housing Agencies and offers Housing Choice Vouchers that help eligible families to broaden their housing options in the private rental market.
Income eligibility limits and benefit levels for Alabama Housing Vouchers are based on local median income and local housing costs but are set largely at the federal level with limited local discretion.
Income requirements are set generally as less than 50% of Area Median Income (AMI), but can be up to 80% in some cases.
Seventy-five percent of the newly issued vouchers must go to families with incomes below 30% of the Area Median Income.
Current recipients of Alabama housing vouchers maintain them until their income reaches a level at which the value of their housing subsidy is reduced to $0.00 – all housing subsidies are calculated based on family income, housing costs, and other factors.
For specifics on eligibility for each Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher please, check with your local public housing agency (PHA). Find more about Alabama Housing Assistance.
Search Section 8 listed rentals in Alabama here…
Housing Counseling Services
Contact one of the HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies in Alabama State for the following education workshops or counseling services
– Fair Housing Pre-Purchase Education Workshops
– Financial Management/Budget Counseling
– Financial, Budgeting and Credit Repair Workshops
– Home Improvement and Rehabilitation Counseling
– Mortgage Delinquency and Default Resolution Counseling
– Non-Delinquency Post Purchase Workshops
– Pre-purchase Counseling
– Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops
– Predatory Lending Education Workshops
– Rental Housing Counseling
– Rental Housing Workshops
– Resolving/Preventing Mortgage Delinquency Workshops
– Services for Homeless Counseling