Alabama Public Housing – Subsidized and Low-Rent Apartments
Alabama Public Housing provides safe, decent and affordable rental housing to eligible low-income families, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) provides federal grants to local Public Housing Agencies (PHA) that manage the public housing developments for low-income residents at rents they can afford.
In general, housing developments owned, managed, and maintained by the local PHA are referred to as Conventional Housing.
Also known as Low-Rent Public Housing those units are offered to eligible low-income families, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.
The rental rates in Alabama public housing are established by the PHA authorities within the HUD income limits and guidelines.
Inquire about current availability of subsidized and low-rent apartments at you local PHA or check other Alabama Housing Assistance options.
Housing Counseling Services
Contact one of the HUD Approved Housing Counseling Agencies in Alabama State for the following education workshops or counseling services:
– Fair Housing Pre-Purchase Education Workshops
– Financial Management/Budget Counseling
– Financial, Budgeting and Credit Repair Workshops
– Home Improvement and Rehabilitation Counseling
– Mortgage Delinquency and Default Resolution Counseling
– Non-Delinquency Post Purchase Workshops
– Pre-purchase Counseling
– Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops
– Predatory Lending Education Workshops
– Rental Housing Counseling
– Rental Housing Workshops
– Resolving/Preventing Mortgage Delinquency Workshops
– Services for Homeless Counseling